Old 11-11-2011, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Gooseberry. How can I prevent mildew next year?

I have had many, many problems since I started gardening and the only one
left is mildew on my gooseberries.
I have only had one year with edible 'gogs, the rest have been covered in
mildew.
I have tried pruning to keep the air folwing, not feeding, feeding with
potash, not feeding with potash.

My own conclusion is to dig them up and try with new, but before I do that
I was hoping sonebody in the group would advise me.
With this stubborn problem I am not against using chemicals as a resort.

Thanks
Baz