Old 11-11-2011, 10:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default uhoh

"songbird" wrote in message
Steve Peek wrote:
I had a good crop this year myself. I used the same culture as for bush
beans. They got about 30 inches tall, I didn't use any support, but they
probably could have used some late in the season. I picked about 1/2 in
the
green stage, blanched and froze them as edamame(delicious). They will
probably become a yearly crop for me.

green varieties aimed at edamame might be
different from the kinds i've been growing for
soymilk (dry beans) as these plants easily
get 5ft tall for me here. the fields next to
us the plants typically get about 3ft tall.

songbird

OK, how about a recipe for the soy milk?

My seed came from Johnny's if anyone is interested.
Steve