Old 20-11-2011, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John John is offline

Default Fungi Identity request

I would be very careful about eating anything growing on ex industrial
land unless you know what the industry was because of heavy metal
contamination.

Quite agree about not eating anything without a positive ID. We have
enough Field/Horse mushrooms here to keep us going for ages, we
usually dry a load too. Wood Blewits are often abundant, and I have
found the odd Morrel, wish I could find more!
The industrial estate is built on old farmland, my partner remembers
playing on the fields as a girl. The area were the specimens I found
are at the rear of a car showroom. Not seen anything edible in this
area, but would be happy to eat them if I did. Sound advice though.

Johno