Old 21-11-2011, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Unknown black berries

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:17:00 +0000 (GMT), wrote:

In article ,
Ragnar wrote:

"NT" wrote in message
Found these last week, on a very low grower... any ideas?
http://i41.tinypic.com/qn3e42.jpg

My money's on Black Nightshade (Solanum nigrum).
See thread started by mudcow007 four days ago.

Yup. Eat them at your own risk! My research indicated that they
both are widely eaten and (relatively mild) poisoning is widely
reported. The papers didn't have a clue why.

I tried one once, and found it unexciting. No, I didn't suffer
any ill effects.

Is that the one that widens your pupils, dilates your blood vessels
and then if you have enough gives you a heart attack?

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk