Old 22-11-2011, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Onions.

Steve Peek wrote:
songbird wrote:
DogDiesel wrote:

How can something that brings tears to your eyes. And be so hot and
oniony.

Taste so sweet and delectable after pan frying them....

UM UM Um Um UMMM UMMM UMMMMMM!!!!!

garlic is good raw and cooked too.

;) You gotta try pickled garlic! I added some whole cloves to my pickled
hot banana peppers and the garlic is definitely the best part.

i had some dilly beans given to me by a friend
and they had some garlic in there. it was good,
but i'm not really much of a dill pickle kind of
person. instead...

there is a commercial product (or there used to
be) called garlic pickle (from a company called
Patak's which does other spice jars and mixes too
from India). it is nothing like an american pickle
it is more like a spiced relish mix often with dates
onions, golden raisins, etc.

it is wonderful stuff, my gf of the time and i would
eat it on toast or right out of the jar. i could
never really figure out the recipe, but have always
wished i could as we grow plenty of garlic and i'd like
to have a good way of using it.

anyways, i'm not really much into dill pickles or
things like that, but i do like pickled beets and
three (or more) bean salad. i won't be making more
of those until next summer so i'll have to remember
to put some in a batch and see if we like that
addition.

songbird