Old 24-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Clarissa12 Clarissa12 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homefellas87 View Post
Corn silk is a collection of the stigmas form of the female flowers of corn, and they are four to eight inches long with a faintly sweetish taste.
Carpets are definitely a personal choice, so rather than advocating any one thing - let me just tell you what I did. The corn silk carpeting gets dirty just looking at it. I too wanted a solution other than constant shampooing. I found a set of 4 Lloyd VelourTex carpets custom sized for the 2011 Touareg in a dark brown that almost exactly matched the dash and door trim. They offer a cargo area mat too, but I went with the gray VW CarGo mat back there. Anyway the VelourTex are the same nap height too, which lessens the risk of catching them with my shoes upon entry (the next grade of Lloyd is twice as thick). These attach to the factory floor snaps, and even cover more area than the OE carpets. Which is good, because under the cornsilk floormats, there's just more cornsilk carpeting. I pulled out my OE mats and put them in storage. I'll use the Lloyd mats until it's time to trade, then put the as new OE mats back in.