Old 25-11-2011, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default wood ash

I recently acquired a wood burner for the workshop/garage and was hoping to
use the ash somehow in the garden. I read that small amounts can be
beneficial to the garden but in the winter months I will have lots of the
stuff as I will be spending lots of time in there with a project I'm
working on.

My question is what can I do with the ash?
I have read that it is good for tomatoes so I am assuming it is good for
potatoes, is this true? and if so do I spread it as I get it or keep it in
its dry form or compost it?

Thanks
Baz