Old 25-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Roger Moore Roger Moore is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy View Post
Not sure if anyone has any suggestions to solve current plight with
lawnmower but I'd be glad of any ideas.

Have a nice Hayter 48 with rear roller etc., Trouble started last year
when for no reason the mower kept stopping after I'd done two lines up
and down lawn, about 100 foot each.
Took it to mower man, he diagnosed fuel blockage perhaps or new cap for
petrol. Got both just in case, came home and it went about a month then
spluttered to a halt after two stripes once more.
It starts again if i leave it for about 15 minutes but only ever does
the same amount before it sounds like it is running out of petrol.
The mower man bless him hasn't charged for subsequent trips to see him,
but it's now been there 5 times and been almost rebuilt!.
I make sure i don't strain it, it makes no difference if i try to cut a
little or a lot, it peters out after same time.
Petrol can replaced, fuel thing emptied and filled with clean petrol,
new cap with hole made bigger and so on.

Driving me up the wall as it means the grass takes about 2 days to cut
overall, so suggestions welcome.

Janet
Hi Janet it sounds as if the diaphram and gaskets gone. Its a very easy fix and cheap. Theres a dvd available athttp://repairinglawnmowersforprofit.com that covers all basic repairs of your mower. Hope this helps