Old 27-11-2011, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Early Spring Bulbs

"Janet" wrote in message
In article 21b32e67-b927-4326-ab47-30e96d4bb991
@m7g2000vbc.googlegroups.com, says...

On Nov 27, 5:45 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Janet" wrote in message

In article ,

says...

Last winter was the hardest, longest and coldest in my life

Either you are very young, or so old your memory is shot :-)

Janet.

December 26th 1962 temperature went below freezing in the evening

Easter 1963 temperature went above freezing for the first time and it
felt
warm.

I remember that one. There was ice 18"/450mm thick on the canal.

I remember '63 because the water in the lavatory pan froze solid
overnight. Then the bottom of the pan dropped out (the ice had cracked
it). Everybody had burst pipes (so did we) so you can imagine how long we
waited for a plumber...

Janet.

The one before that was 1947. We moved to the Isle of Wight on Saturday
March 1st and there was still snow on the ground when we arrived!!

Mike