Old 01-12-2011, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sloe gin update

On 30/11/2011 20:46, Kath wrote:
For those of you who gave advice and remember, I asked about gin soaked sloes which had
been put through a food blender, so I thought I'd update you.

We tried the matured liquor with no ill effects- but we discarded it anyway as the flavour
was VERY, VERY dry. Much more than the others made at the same time which were done
'traditionally', so that will not be something we do again.

As an aside, Sloe white rum is really good.

Kath

I had a taste of our sloe rum the other day and it is maturing nicely.
Sloe rum is the only one I make now; having tried sloe gin and sloe
vodka a couple of years ago, rum is the best. I just freeze the sloes
and put them (unpricked) into bottles with sugar and rum, turning every
few days and the result is always excellent.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.