Old 30-11-2011, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sloe gin update

For those of you who gave advice and remember, I asked about gin soaked sloes which had
been put through a food blender, so I thought I'd update you.

We tried the matured liquor with no ill effects- but we discarded it anyway as the flavour
was VERY, VERY dry. Much more than the others made at the same time which were done
'traditionally', so that will not be something we do again.

As an aside, Sloe white rum is really good.

Kath
Old 30-11-2011, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/11/2011 19:46, Kath wrote:
For those of you who gave advice and remember, I asked about gin soaked sloes which had
been put through a food blender, so I thought I'd update you.

We tried the matured liquor with no ill effects- but we discarded it anyway as the flavour
was VERY, VERY dry. Much more than the others made at the same time which were done
'traditionally', so that will not be something we do again.

As an aside, Sloe white rum is really good.

Kath

Those sloes are still in perfect condition on the trees, and so sweet. I
should have waited....
Old 01-12-2011, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/11/2011 20:46, Kath wrote:
For those of you who gave advice and remember, I asked about gin soaked sloes which had
been put through a food blender, so I thought I'd update you.

We tried the matured liquor with no ill effects- but we discarded it anyway as the flavour
was VERY, VERY dry. Much more than the others made at the same time which were done
'traditionally', so that will not be something we do again.

As an aside, Sloe white rum is really good.

Kath

I had a taste of our sloe rum the other day and it is maturing nicely.
Sloe rum is the only one I make now; having tried sloe gin and sloe
vodka a couple of years ago, rum is the best. I just freeze the sloes
and put them (unpricked) into bottles with sugar and rum, turning every
few days and the result is always excellent.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Kath wrote:

For those of you who gave advice and remember, I asked about gin soaked
sloes which had been put through a food blender, so I thought I'd update
you.

We tried the matured liquor with no ill effects- but we discarded it
anyway as the flavour was VERY, VERY dry. Much more than the others made
at the same time which were done 'traditionally', so that will not be
something we do again.

As an aside, Sloe white rum is really good.

Kath

Damsons are as good as sloes and not such hard work.

2 bottles of damson gin in the bottom of a cupboard, waiting for
christmas :-)

Larry
Old 03-12-2011, 02:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NT NT is offline

On Nov 30, 7:46*pm, Kath wrote:
For those of you who gave advice and remember, I asked about gin soaked sloes which had
been put through a food blender, so I thought I'd update you.

We tried the matured liquor with no ill effects- but we discarded it anyway as the flavour
was VERY, VERY dry. Much more than the others made at the same time which were done
'traditionally', so that will not be something we do again.

As an aside, Sloe white rum is really good.

Kath

Sloes are lovely if sweetened enough - but if not they get positively
unpleasant.

NT

Old 03-12-2011, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 03/12/2011 02:19, NT wrote:
On Nov 30, 7:46 pm, wrote:
For those of you who gave advice and remember, I asked about gin soaked sloes which had
been put through a food blender, so I thought I'd update you.

We tried the matured liquor with no ill effects- but we discarded it anyway as the flavour
was VERY, VERY dry. Much more than the others made at the same time which were done
'traditionally', so that will not be something we do again.

As an aside, Sloe white rum is really good.

Kath

Sloes are lovely if sweetened enough - but if not they get positively
unpleasant.

NT

I don't pick them at all until they're sweet. Some years that means I
don't bother.

Damson gin Christina Websell United Kingdom 12 03-09-2009 09:55 AM
Gin Clear JB[_1_] Ponds (moderated) 3 20-09-2008 11:55 PM
Gin Clear Already BenignVanilla Ponds 38 01-04-2004 08:16 PM
Watercress, was Gin Clear Already Anne Lurie Ponds 2 29-03-2004 12:11 AM
"Gin Clear" water Barry Ponds 4 15-10-2003 01:32 AM