Old 02-12-2011, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Potatoes, and suitable for planting?

On Dec 2, 5:42*pm, "AL_n" wrote:
Throughout the year I occasionally potatoes from my local supermarket (for
cooking purposes) and after keeping them for a while, sometimes they start
sprouting. If this happens, does it mean they are suitable for planting in
the garden? I live on the South coast of England, with its fairly mild
climate, if that's relevant.

I would assume the answer is "yes", but I'm asking this because I've never
heard of anyone planting spuds from the supermarket.

TIA

Al

No reason why not.
I often do it to fill up any space left over.
Even if the sprouts are quite long.