Old 03-12-2011, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Potatoes, and suitable for planting?

"Janet" wrote in message
In article 4c84a1a3-ee0d-4014-8d70-
bd88b4baf43e@
The chief differance between Seed potatoes and those grown for food
crops is that seed potatoes are tested to certify them free from
blight and other disieases, but 99 times out of 100 you will have no
problems growing supermarket spuds.

Some supermarket potatoes have been treated with a growth inhibitor.

Janet

Maybe Janet, but you've just taken the thrill out of trying :-)

We had quite a decent crop this year after planting a few spud pieces
alongside our runner beans. Must give it a go again next year, perhaps on a
slightly larger scale.

Bill