Old 13-12-2011, 09:24 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzbat View Post
Well, after all that wind and rain, and some disturbing noises outside that
had to wait till morning to investigate, I found we've got off very lightly.
The dustbin lid has gone AWOL, the bird table was at 45degrees, one cement
troll fallen off the wall and smashed, and quite a bit of water in the
greenhouse. So far, I think that's it.

How did you get on?

Steve
Yorkshire - wet last night, not particularly aware of wind. Didn't see whether there was any damage since we left early and went to help fence round a pothole in the Dales. Much nicer than the weather forecast, though cold and *very* windy. I had six layers under my waterproof oversuit! But lots of sunny intervals, and when the precipitation arrived (which it did every 15 minutes or so), it was solid. Preferable to wet, though rather painful on the face.

Rivers very full, and the Wharfe had broken its banks (though not reached the road) in the Ilkley area.

Tonight it is still windy, and very noisy in the chimney of my study.