Old 17-12-2011, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default GQT Four Seasons Walsall

On Dec 17, 5:54*pm, Janet wrote:
In article f27d013e-fb26-4452-9547-33b270aef3e8
@o9g2000vbc.googlegroups.com, says...

Did anybody pick up on the visit by GQT to that garden? If so did you
go to the website and see the photos?
If you didn't you missed a treat - I've never seen anything to compare
in a lifetime of gardening.

Rod

* Mised it. Is this the website you mean?

*http://www.flickr.com/photos/foursea...7607885506404/

* wow!

* Janet

The very one.
The main criticism I've heard is along similar lines to those of Janet
Tweedy. However I just love the exuberance and joy of it. On top of
that the dedication and skill shown is of the highest order. This
couple have absolutely mastered the art and science of pruning to fit
the space in such a way that encourages constant rejuvenation of the
plants - I've never seen a whole garden looking so healthy everywhere
you look.
The Newtons have achieved what they set out to do and all I can do is
salute them with breathless admiration.
I have to confess it's not my style, but I'm not phased by all the
colour, I lean more towards Christopher Lloyd than to the no bright
colours school but I don't have the degree of dedication to attempt
what the Newtons have done. Even after a lifetime as a pro I'd
hesitate to claim the skill. I plant to fit the space bearing in mind
that I'll get progressively less able to maintain a very intensive
garden as time goes on. I also like to see plants being given their
head with senedipity and wild nature getting a look in here and there.

Rod