Old 17-12-2011, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default GQT Four Seasons Walsall

Did anybody pick up on the visit by GQT to that garden? If so did you
go to the website and see the photos?
If you didn't you missed a treat - I've never seen anything to compare
in a lifetime of gardening.

Rod
Old 17-12-2011, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
, Rod
writes
Did anybody pick up on the visit by GQT to that garden? If so did you
go to the website and see the photos?
If you didn't you missed a treat - I've never seen anything to compare
in a lifetime of gardening.

Rod

Um it's very bright isn't it? Be good for those with not so good vision
but of all the first set of photographs i liked the snow one best!!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 17-12-2011, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Dec 17, 3:02*pm, Rod wrote:
Did anybody pick up on the visit by GQT to that garden? If so did you
go to the website and see the photos?
If you didn't you missed a treat - I've never seen anything to compare
in a lifetime of gardening.

Rod

Perfect time for a link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fourseasonsgarden
Should keep you happy for hours
Old 17-12-2011, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article f27d013e-fb26-4452-9547-33b270aef3e8
@o9g2000vbc.googlegroups.com, says...

Did anybody pick up on the visit by GQT to that garden? If so did you
go to the website and see the photos?
If you didn't you missed a treat - I've never seen anything to compare
in a lifetime of gardening.

Rod

Mised it. Is this the website you mean?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foursea...7607885506404/

wow!

Janet
Old 17-12-2011, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 17, 5:54*pm, Janet wrote:
In article f27d013e-fb26-4452-9547-33b270aef3e8
@o9g2000vbc.googlegroups.com, says...

Did anybody pick up on the visit by GQT to that garden? If so did you
go to the website and see the photos?
If you didn't you missed a treat - I've never seen anything to compare
in a lifetime of gardening.

Rod

* Mised it. Is this the website you mean?

*http://www.flickr.com/photos/foursea...7607885506404/

* wow!

* Janet

The very one.
The main criticism I've heard is along similar lines to those of Janet
Tweedy. However I just love the exuberance and joy of it. On top of
that the dedication and skill shown is of the highest order. This
couple have absolutely mastered the art and science of pruning to fit
the space in such a way that encourages constant rejuvenation of the
plants - I've never seen a whole garden looking so healthy everywhere
you look.
The Newtons have achieved what they set out to do and all I can do is
salute them with breathless admiration.
I have to confess it's not my style, but I'm not phased by all the
colour, I lean more towards Christopher Lloyd than to the no bright
colours school but I don't have the degree of dedication to attempt
what the Newtons have done. Even after a lifetime as a pro I'd
hesitate to claim the skill. I plant to fit the space bearing in mind
that I'll get progressively less able to maintain a very intensive
garden as time goes on. I also like to see plants being given their
head with senedipity and wild nature getting a look in here and there.

Rod

Old 18-12-2011, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote ...

Rod wrote:
Did anybody pick up on the visit by GQT to that garden? If so did you
go to the website and see the photos?
If you didn't you missed a treat - I've never seen anything to compare
in a lifetime of gardening.

Perfect time for a link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fourseasonsgarden
Should keep you happy for hours

Well they are certainly not afraid of some colour in the garden. Lovely,
bright and summery.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 18-12-2011, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , says...

"Dave Hill" wrote ...

Rod wrote:
Did anybody pick up on the visit by GQT to that garden? If so did you
go to the website and see the photos?
If you didn't you missed a treat - I've never seen anything to compare
in a lifetime of gardening.

Perfect time for a link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fourseasonsgarden
Should keep you happy for hours

Well they are certainly not afraid of some colour in the garden. Lovely,
bright and summery.

After another long visit to the website (and I've still only explored a
fraction of it) I really have to thank Rod for this headsup. It may not
(all ) be my taste in gardening.. but parts of it most certainly are and
there's so much to be learned from how they grow their plants. Cloud
pruned yew covered in fruit. Tree ferns wearing dustbin lid hats in
winter! I didn't know trachycarpus fortunei would flower in the UK (why
hasn't mine).I like to see a garden in winter as that's often a real test
of good design and inspired planting. The "quad" sets showing the same
view in four seasons is another brilliant idea.

I always enjoy "before and after " garden plan and construction pics and
(on garden visits) a good poke around other peoples working areas (Oh to
have one that size or so beautifully kept.) For any beginner gardener,
asking on urg how to get started planning and making a garden, ways to
make paths, ponds, grow veg, make compost heaps.. those two sets
"creating and maintaining" and "working area" spell it out. How many
times, have posters asked "it's a weed jungle, where to start" or "I've
not enough room to garden" and been advised to ask a neighbour to swap
space for labour.. well, take a look at both in action in "working area".

I really like the lay out as a garden pic website; there's a huge amount
of material but simply laid out and very easy to navigate.

I recommend playing the "sets" on full screen slideshow which you can
stop and start for a closer look at individual frames. After watching a
set you can go back to the thumbnails; scroll over each, and the plants'
names pop up.Don't miss there's a second page of sets :-)

Janet.

GQT Microsoft News Server United Kingdom 5 03-03-2006 08:29 PM
GQT giggles Mike Lyle United Kingdom 1 27-03-2005 05:33 PM
GQT. Cherry tree recommendation? Lee and Kath United Kingdom 3 31-10-2004 09:20 AM
GQT/Jenny? Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 10-04-2004 08:07 PM
GQT plant of the week for 29p Steve Harris United Kingdom 0 27-04-2003 07:45 PM