Old 18-12-2011, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default GQT Four Seasons Walsall

In article , says...

"Dave Hill" wrote ...

Rod wrote:
Did anybody pick up on the visit by GQT to that garden? If so did you
go to the website and see the photos?
If you didn't you missed a treat - I've never seen anything to compare
in a lifetime of gardening.

Perfect time for a link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fourseasonsgarden
Should keep you happy for hours

Well they are certainly not afraid of some colour in the garden. Lovely,
bright and summery.

After another long visit to the website (and I've still only explored a
fraction of it) I really have to thank Rod for this headsup. It may not
(all ) be my taste in gardening.. but parts of it most certainly are and
there's so much to be learned from how they grow their plants. Cloud
pruned yew covered in fruit. Tree ferns wearing dustbin lid hats in
winter! I didn't know trachycarpus fortunei would flower in the UK (why
hasn't mine).I like to see a garden in winter as that's often a real test
of good design and inspired planting. The "quad" sets showing the same
view in four seasons is another brilliant idea.

I always enjoy "before and after " garden plan and construction pics and
(on garden visits) a good poke around other peoples working areas (Oh to
have one that size or so beautifully kept.) For any beginner gardener,
asking on urg how to get started planning and making a garden, ways to
make paths, ponds, grow veg, make compost heaps.. those two sets
"creating and maintaining" and "working area" spell it out. How many
times, have posters asked "it's a weed jungle, where to start" or "I've
not enough room to garden" and been advised to ask a neighbour to swap
space for labour.. well, take a look at both in action in "working area".

I really like the lay out as a garden pic website; there's a huge amount
of material but simply laid out and very easy to navigate.

I recommend playing the "sets" on full screen slideshow which you can
stop and start for a closer look at individual frames. After watching a
set you can go back to the thumbnails; scroll over each, and the plants'
names pop up.Don't miss there's a second page of sets :-)

Janet.