Old 20-12-2011, 05:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Wonder what this weed is?

On Dec 20, 7:55*am, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Frank said:

See I repeated myself about the deer. *Deer season is all I think
about in the fall and wife won't let me touch those that invade us.-

Too bad, that. Venison, properly handled, is very good eating, and
close to home would be so convenient...

Part of what makes some of these alien plants so invasive is that the deer
pass them up to browse the natives.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored

Right now, I've got two small venisons in the freezer but could use
more

Interesting point about alien plants. I spoke to one of the states
chief game wardens the other day and he mentioned that getting
invasive fragamites (sic) out of the marshes gets the deer to dine
more on native vegetation in the marsh and avoid the fields and dry
lands where the hunters are.