Old 21-12-2011, 12:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Wonder what this weed is?

On Dec 20, 1:20*pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message
,
Frank writes

fragamites (sic)

Phragmites?

* * *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phragmites
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Yes, thanks, I do not have a spell checker on this computer.

I had a hunting day in a marsh last week and encountered a wall of
phragmites on my way to the deer stand. The refuge had not been able
to complete the path to the stand because of water and I had to walk
about 100 yards in about 6 inches of water to get to the stand. The
phragmites were about 8 ft tall. In the stand, past the phragmites,
the marsh grass was only 1-2 feet tall and I could see for over a
mile. No deer but I did see a fox a couple of hundred yards away.