Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
dGH

Default Black beard algae problem

How's your nitrate?

I just tested, and yes, it is pretty low: 5mg/L. I've always had a
tendency to overfeed so I hadn't considered that. Thanks very much.

How often do you usually have to put in the Jobe's (palm/fern) spikes? I
put half stick under the sword and half under the hygro about 2 weeks ago.
Should I up that dosage?

This is just anecdotal, but the last time I had BBA, I had let nitrate

drop to
zero.

You've got almost 3 wpg, and I assume from your pH and KH that you're

injecting
CO2. You're adding PMDD, which is good, but you may also need to
macronutrients like nitrate, phosphate, and potassium.

Leigh