Old 27-02-2003, 03:53 AM
Scopata Fuori

Default Don't know anything about roses; what are they worth?

"skim500" wrote in message
om...

We are building a deck in the location of the roses. We hate to
destroy them so are going to put an ad in the Pennysaver. What would
be a fair price to ask for them?

By the time someone loads their vehicle up with digging tools, containers
and so on, drives out there, and puts forth the effort to properly dig out a
hole big enough to completely remove the rose, they've put out enough to
simply buy one from the store or online, all ready to plant.

Better off to advertise them as FREE, first come first serve. Most papers
carry "giveaway" ads for free, so you won't have to pay for the ad this way.
If you didn't buy them anyway, as they were already there, you aren't going
to be out anything anyway. They aren't particularly "rare" or hard to find
varieties. The benefit to you, is that by giving them away, you'd at least
get them *removed* for free, rather than having to do it yourself or *paying
someone*.

Have you thought about digging them up, and putting the ones you can't move
directly into large containers, and putting them on your deck? They do
wonderfully in well drained containers, and will add beauty to your deck.

Scopata Fuori