Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Willi Willi is offline

Default cyclamen purpurascens

Am 11.09.2011 00:25, schrieb Mad Cow:
In way.telekom.at,
writes
Photographed on a walk in the forests nearby.

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...urascens-0.jpg

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

I hope you could smell it!

I once toured a cave in Slovenia which finishes at the bottom of a vast
sinkhole, a kilometre across and almost as deep. C purpurascens was
flowering all over the sides, the air was warm and the scent was
everywhere. I bought a plant to see if it would grow in my garden, put
it beside the lawn so that I could lie down and smell it. It seems
happy but one is not enough...

Unfortunately I didn't smell them. I'm living north of the Alps, maybe
they have a stronger scent in the South. I believe cyclamen are
self-fertilizing, so there are hopes that yours will reproduce if the
conditions are right.

Greetings, Willi