Old 24-10-2011, 03:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Wolf K[_2_] Wolf K[_2_] is offline

Default After years: my 1st 'home-grown' apple

On 24/10/2011 9:21 AM, Willi wrote:
Am 24.10.2011 00:09, schrieb Bob Hobden:

[...]
Looks like a bit of "Bitter Pit" on there Willi, that's caused by a lack
of calcium. What were the parents?

I guess one parent was a Golden Delicious. I was just taking seeds of
apples by random and did not cross deliberately by hand. Maybe I try it
with this one and a Jonathan to see how yellow and red blend together
(in 10? years, lol, if usenet lasts so long, I'll report ).

[...]
Just keep in mind that apples do not breed true. If you get a variety
that suits your taste, you'll have to propagate by grafting (propfen).

HTH
Wolf K.