Old 13-12-2011, 11:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy[_3_] Maroochy[_3_] is offline

Default Snake Plant Flower-9052

Wolf K wrote:

Nice. You do wonderful lighting set ups. Maybe you could give us a
few tips?

Mostly (as they are in my own garden) I wait till I think the light is just
right, the sun in the right place etc.
I usually chose a wide open aperture (f5.6 or there abouts) and set the
shutter speed a fast as I can (sometimes takes me a couple of shots to get
it right). That way the background doesn't overpower the subject. I also do
a bit of a curves adjustment in Paint Shop Pro and a highpass sharpen.

Looks like a "Jack in the Pulpit" (and "grosser names", as Shakespeare
reminds us somewhere. But he doesn't quote them. ;-) )

:-)
Being of the Araceae family, the flowers have a rather unpleasant smell for
a few hours each morning, though this one is not as bad as other members of
the family.