Old 13-12-2011, 10:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Snake Plant Flower-9052

aka Voodoo Lily)
(Amorphophallus bulbifer)

Attached Thumbnails
Snake Plant Flower-9052-c-9052-snakeplant-27-11-11-5d-400.jpg
Old 13-12-2011, 03:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 13.12.2011 11:47, schrieb Maroochy:
aka Voodoo Lily)
(Amorphophallus bulbifer)

Nice plant (might be a purchase next time). Great photo, too, of course.
Old 13-12-2011, 03:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 13/12/2011 5:47 AM, Maroochy wrote:
aka Voodoo Lily)
(Amorphophallus bulbifer)

Nice. You do wonderful lighting set ups. Maybe you could give us a few tips?

Looks like a "Jack in the Pulpit" (and "grosser names", as Shakespeare
reminds us somewhere. But he doesn't quote them. ;-) )

Wolf K.
Old 13-12-2011, 11:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Willi wrote:
Nice plant (might be a purchase next time). Great photo, too, of
course.

Thanks Willi, it doesn't flower every year, if it does flower, it doesn't
sent up leaves, just flowers and dies till next spring. However once you
have one, they multiply very nicely and you end up with many. :-)

Old 13-12-2011, 11:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wolf K wrote:

Nice. You do wonderful lighting set ups. Maybe you could give us a
few tips?

Mostly (as they are in my own garden) I wait till I think the light is just
right, the sun in the right place etc.
I usually chose a wide open aperture (f5.6 or there abouts) and set the
shutter speed a fast as I can (sometimes takes me a couple of shots to get
it right). That way the background doesn't overpower the subject. I also do
a bit of a curves adjustment in Paint Shop Pro and a highpass sharpen.

Looks like a "Jack in the Pulpit" (and "grosser names", as Shakespeare
reminds us somewhere. But he doesn't quote them. ;-) )

:-)
Being of the Araceae family, the flowers have a rather unpleasant smell for
a few hours each morning, though this one is not as bad as other members of
the family.

Old 14-12-2011, 03:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Attached Thumbnails
Snake Plant Flower-9052-220px-sansevieria_trifasciata_flower.jpg
Old 16-12-2011, 04:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 14.12.2011 00:11, schrieb Maroochy:
Willi wrote:
Nice plant (might be a purchase next time). Great photo, too, of
course.

Thanks Willi, it doesn't flower every year, if it does flower, it doesn't
sent up leaves, just flowers and dies till next spring. However once you
have one, they multiply very nicely and you end up with many. :-)

Thank you. A flower once in a while will do. The rarer the flowers are,
the greater is the excitement when the camera makes 'click'.
Old 25-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered User

hi
I am glad to be a part of this site.nice threads.I am happy to put my comments.
Hey I have never heard about snake plant.it is very astounding things.
its picture looks like a snake.
Old 25-12-2011, 10:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Freyau wrote:
hi
I am glad to be a part of this site.nice threads.I am happy to put my
comments.
Hey I have never heard about snake plant.it is very astounding things.
its picture looks like a snake.

They are an interesting plant, buy one and you'll have many after a couple
of years.

Old 17-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroochy[_3_] View Post
aka Voodoo Lily)
(Amorphophallus bulbifer)
Bulbifer makes a nice flower. I just purchased dunnii and can't wait for a flower.

Here is one of my konjac flowers.
Attached Thumbnails
Snake Plant Flower-9052-415740_389338877743952_468301858_o.jpg