Old 19-12-2011, 01:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Purple Deadnettle

Willi writes:

Am 18.12.2011 08:34, schrieb Dan Espen:
writes:

2 days ago I spotted the last bit of flowering in my garden. W

You must not have any Vinca Minor.
Ours bloom all winter. (Central NJ, USA.)

Admittedly it's one or 2 flowers in 200 sqare feet,
but it's nice to go out even with snow on the ground
and see one or 2 little blue flowers.

I just counted 4 flowers 2 days ago.

I have them. I vaguely remember that I have seen blooms still in
November. I live at 48° latitude, which would be relative to America
somehwhere at the North/South border between Canada and
USA. Periwinkle doesn't flower here (Central Europe) in winter. I
looked today, there aren't even buds either.

We're latitude 40.
I never see any buds, just the flowers.
I don't see anything online about late or winter blooming.
Maybe I should keep closer track...

We do have a lot of it, it fights with the pachysandra for dominance
in the back part of our yard.

--
Dan Espen