Old 17-12-2011, 11:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Purple Deadnettle

2 days ago I spotted the last bit of flowering in my garden. W

http://members.aon.at/supervague/images/garden.html

Attached Thumbnails
Purple Deadnettle-lamium_purpureum-0.jpg
Old 18-12-2011, 01:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 00:20:26 +0100, Willi wrote:

2 days ago I spotted the last bit of flowering in my garden. W

http://members.aon.at/supervague/images/garden.html

Nice spotting. The seasons are nice. Cold, fewer bad insects. Always
warm lots of nasty gnats and such. I always like your posts.
I would like to see more of your garden..
Old 18-12-2011, 07:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Willi writes:

2 days ago I spotted the last bit of flowering in my garden. W

You must not have any Vinca Minor.
Ours bloom all winter. (Central NJ, USA.)

Admittedly it's one or 2 flowers in 200 sqare feet,
but it's nice to go out even with snow on the ground
and see one or 2 little blue flowers.

I just counted 4 flowers 2 days ago.

--
Dan Espen
Old 18-12-2011, 05:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 18.12.2011 02:09, schrieb joevan:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 00:20:26 +0100, wrote:

2 days ago I spotted the last bit of flowering in my garden. W

http://members.aon.at/supervague/images/garden.html

Nice spotting. The seasons are nice. Cold, fewer bad insects. Always
warm lots of nasty gnats and such. I always like your posts.
I would like to see more of your garden..

Thanks a lot. There will be more.
Old 18-12-2011, 05:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 18.12.2011 08:34, schrieb Dan Espen:
writes:

2 days ago I spotted the last bit of flowering in my garden. W

You must not have any Vinca Minor.
Ours bloom all winter. (Central NJ, USA.)

Admittedly it's one or 2 flowers in 200 sqare feet,
but it's nice to go out even with snow on the ground
and see one or 2 little blue flowers.

I just counted 4 flowers 2 days ago.

I have them. I vaguely remember that I have seen blooms still in
November. I live at 48° latitude, which would be relative to America
somehwhere at the North/South border between Canada and USA. Periwinkle
doesn't flower here (Central Europe) in winter. I looked today, there
aren't even buds either.

Old 18-12-2011, 08:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 18/12/2011 2:34 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
writes:

2 days ago I spotted the last bit of flowering in my garden. W

You must not have any Vinca Minor.
Ours bloom all winter. (Central NJ, USA.)

Admittedly it's one or 2 flowers in 200 sqare feet,
but it's nice to go out even with snow on the ground
and see one or 2 little blue flowers.

I just counted 4 flowers 2 days ago.

Vinca is very invasive up here, even though it goes dormant in the
winter. My wife has declared war on it, while I like it, so we don't
discuss it any more.

;-)

Wolf K.
Old 19-12-2011, 01:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

writes:

2 days ago I spotted the last bit of flowering in my garden. W

You must not have any Vinca Minor.
Ours bloom all winter. (Central NJ, USA.)

Admittedly it's one or 2 flowers in 200 sqare feet,
but it's nice to go out even with snow on the ground
and see one or 2 little blue flowers.

I just counted 4 flowers 2 days ago.

I have them. I vaguely remember that I have seen blooms still in
November. I live at 48° latitude, which would be relative to America
somehwhere at the North/South border between Canada and
USA. Periwinkle doesn't flower here (Central Europe) in winter. I
looked today, there aren't even buds either.

We're latitude 40.
I never see any buds, just the flowers.
I don't see anything online about late or winter blooming.
Maybe I should keep closer track...

We do have a lot of it, it fights with the pachysandra for dominance
in the back part of our yard.

--
Dan Espen
Old 19-12-2011, 04:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , Wolf K
writes

Vinca is very invasive up here, even though it goes dormant in the
winter. My wife has declared war on it, while I like it, so we don't
discuss it any more.

You wouldn't like it as much if it'd swamped everything else!
--
Sue ]
Old 19-12-2011, 11:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

writes:

[...]

You could send a pic of the winner.

[IMG] code is On

Crocus Barr's Purple ramyad Gardening 0 04-04-2009 04:10 AM
Purple flower 3 Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 04-04-2009 01:01 AM
Purple flower 2 Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 04-04-2009 01:00 AM
Purple flower 1 Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 04-04-2009 01:00 AM
Purple pansy Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 04-04-2009 12:46 AM