Old 24-12-2011, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default stealing holly

On 2011-12-24 12:49:55 +0000, said:

Sacha wrote:
What a horrible thing to do, I'm so sorry to hear of it Kate. *Somehow,
this sort of thing seems even more mean and tawdry at Christmas.

To be honest, the person who took it probably didn't think they were doing
any harm - "oh look, there's a holly bush, no-one will mind if we take a
bit", kind of thing. *It's easily done.

Spirit of goodwill to all men, and all that, it's probably healthier to
think better of people than worse. *:-)

Still a mean-spirited thinikg to do because they didn't just take a
bit, they took the best bits. *And it sounds as if they went onto
private land to do it. *However, it's done and there's no point
repining. *I hope it was very sharp holly!!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

About on a par with taking cuttings without asking, usually totally
unsuitable material and at the wrong time for taking them - they've
mutilated the plant to get something you know darn well isn't going to
root anyway.
If possible I usually give cuttings, seeds, divisions to anybody that
asks.
Anyway after that, Happy Christmas to one and all.

Rod