Old 24-12-2011, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default stealing holly

I have just been out to cut some holly for our house and found that the best
of it has vanished overnight, there are tyre tracks but nothing else except
to guess who might have taken it. I am sure that some of you will have had
the same thing happened to them.
Best wishes to our more honest members and friends

kate

Old 24-12-2011, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
I have just been out to cut some holly for our house and found that the
best of it has vanished overnight, there are tyre tracks but nothing else
except to guess who might have taken it. I am sure that some of you will
have had the same thing happened to them.
Best wishes to our more honest members and friends

kate

Sorry to hear that Kate. We are lucky in that our Holly, it grows like weed
in our gardens, is growing in the hedges either sides so the neighbours can
help themselves if they like. Bit too complicated for the plebs to get to
it.

Have a super Christmas yourself and thanks to those who have send me
messages. I think I have replied to you all.

Mike

Old 24-12-2011, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Sacha wrote:
What a horrible thing to do, I'm so sorry to hear of it Kate. Somehow,
this sort of thing seems even more mean and tawdry at Christmas.

To be honest, the person who took it probably didn't think they were doing
any harm - "oh look, there's a holly bush, no-one will mind if we take a
bit", kind of thing. It's easily done.

Spirit of goodwill to all men, and all that, it's probably healthier to
think better of people than worse. :-)
Old 24-12-2011, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , wrote:
Sacha wrote:
What a horrible thing to do, I'm so sorry to hear of it Kate. Somehow,
this sort of thing seems even more mean and tawdry at Christmas.

To be honest, the person who took it probably didn't think they were doing
any harm - "oh look, there's a holly bush, no-one will mind if we take a
bit", kind of thing. It's easily done.

Spirit of goodwill to all men, and all that, it's probably healthier to
think better of people than worse. :-)

Also, despite claims by the Money-Fearing church, taking wild holly
from private property is NOT A CRIME. It is dubiously even a civil
matter. Wild plants and animals are not property, despite the
attempts of the monetarist thieves to make them so, from the reign
that infamous Norse-Normandy reiver, William the *******.

http://wealthandwant.com/docs/Goose_commons.htm

That doesn't justify taking a vehicle and stripping a tree, because
that IS a civil offence and (since the unspeakable recent Act)
possibly a criminal one.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-12-2011, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-12-24 12:49:55 +0000, said:

Sacha wrote:
What a horrible thing to do, I'm so sorry to hear of it Kate. *Somehow,
this sort of thing seems even more mean and tawdry at Christmas.

To be honest, the person who took it probably didn't think they were doing
any harm - "oh look, there's a holly bush, no-one will mind if we take a
bit", kind of thing. *It's easily done.

Spirit of goodwill to all men, and all that, it's probably healthier to
think better of people than worse. *:-)

Still a mean-spirited thinikg to do because they didn't just take a
bit, they took the best bits. *And it sounds as if they went onto
private land to do it. *However, it's done and there's no point
repining. *I hope it was very sharp holly!!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

About on a par with taking cuttings without asking, usually totally
unsuitable material and at the wrong time for taking them - they've
mutilated the plant to get something you know darn well isn't going to
root anyway.
If possible I usually give cuttings, seeds, divisions to anybody that
asks.
Anyway after that, Happy Christmas to one and all.

Rod

Old 26-12-2011, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 09:33:49 -0000, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

I have just been out to cut some holly for our house and found that the best
of it has vanished overnight, there are tyre tracks but nothing else except
to guess who might have taken it. I am sure that some of you will have had
the same thing happened to them.
Best wishes to our more honest members and friends

kate

There are two people in my mums village selling holly wreaths. Which
might explain why she's had some cheeky bloke come in the garden and
try to get her holly!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 26-12-2011, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 24, 1:20*pm, wrote:
In article , wrote:
Sacha wrote:
[...]

If, however, you have planted the holly with the purposing of
harvesting a crop for sale it would be theft, and always would have
been.