Old 25-12-2011, 07:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy[_3_] Maroochy[_3_] is offline

Default Merry Christmas-9115

Bob Hobden wrote:

Now you have Platypus in the dam, your place gets even better. When
we went to Warawong once we had my wife's sister with us and she is a
bit deaf. It was a night walk and we were at the lake waiting for
Platypus to appear when I saw something coming out of the reeds and
wispered to the leader that there was one swimming across the lake.
At that point my sis-in-law says in a very loud voice, "is that a
crocodile?" It disappeard immediately and we never saw another! She
was popular, not.

I can understand why. :-) They are extremely shy.

I didn't get to see "our" one again, but at least I know he's
there...somewhere.
(we have a very large dam and overflow area.)

Last night I stayed up there and I threw out some fruit scraps and sure
enough a couple of possums came almost right up to the house and ate every
bit of the fruit.