Old 26-12-2011, 04:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Davej Davej is offline

Default Figs

I have a patch of figs but I am never able to harvest more than a few
before the first frost hits. I am wondering what I could do that would
extend the growing season by about a month or two. I have heard of fig
trees but I have what looks like bushes. Every Spring it starts over.
I have heard stories from old-timers who claim their fathers would
slowly bend their fig tree over in the Fall and bury it with excellent
results. I am considering building a cold frame to get the roots
warmed up sooner this Spring. Any experts out there? Thanks.

Dave in STL