Old 26-12-2011, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey bobharvey is offline

Default stealing holly

On Dec 24, 1:20*pm, wrote:
In article , wrote:
Sacha wrote:
What a horrible thing to do, I'm so sorry to hear of it Kate. *Somehow,
this sort of thing seems even more mean and tawdry at Christmas.

To be honest, the person who took it probably didn't think they were doing
any harm - "oh look, there's a holly bush, no-one will mind if we take a
bit", kind of thing. *It's easily done.

Spirit of goodwill to all men, and all that, it's probably healthier to
think better of people than worse. *:-)

Also, despite claims by the Money-Fearing church, taking wild holly
from private property is NOT A CRIME. *It is dubiously even a civil
matter. *Wild plants and animals are not property, despite the
attempts of the monetarist thieves to make them so, from the reign
that infamous Norse-Normandy reiver, William the *******.

* *http://wealthandwant.com/docs/Goose_commons.htm

That doesn't justify taking a vehicle and stripping a tree, because
that IS a civil offence and (since the unspeakable recent Act)
possibly a criminal one.

If, however, you have planted the holly with the purposing of
harvesting a crop for sale it would be theft, and always would have
been.