Old 27-12-2011, 05:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Transplanting carrots

In article ,
Bobo wrote:

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 18:22:46 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson
wrote:

I just harvested some carrots which I had earlier transplanted. They
seemed to do very well. But what's weird is that these carrots had
"hair" all down the length of them.

Is that normal for a transplant? I don't do it that often. Never
noticed this before. IAre these carrot putting out tiny rootlets as
they adjust to new home? That's all I can think of.

Your input valued.

HB

Hairy carrrots are usually a sign of too much fertilizer..don't know
that transplanting would have anything to do with it.

Phosphorus?
--
- Billy

E pluribus unum
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/04/18/112346/obama-ran-against-bush-but-now.html

$1.5 billion in US foreign aid at work.
http://storyful.com/stories/1000016318

none of the government programs targeted for elimination or severe cutbacks "appeared on the GAO's list of government programs at high risk of waste, fraud and abuse."
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/2011/mar/28/dennis-kucinich/rep-dennis-kucinich-says-gop-budget-cuts-dont-targ/

This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 16 April 1953
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZkDikRLQrw

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTW0y6kazWM&feature=related