Old 27-12-2011, 06:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Transplanting carrots

On Dec 26, 6:44*pm, Bobo wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 18:22:46 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson

wrote:
I just harvested some carrots which I had earlier transplanted. *They
seemed to do very well. *But what's weird is that these carrots had
"hair" all down the length of them.

Is that normal for a transplant? *I don't do it that often. *Never
noticed this before. *IAre these carrot putting out tiny rootlets as
they adjust to new home? *That's all I can think of.

Your input valued.

HB

Hairy carrrots are usually a sign of too much fertilizer..don't know
that transplanting would have anything to do with it.

Yabbut I didn't overfertilize! Didn't do anything to new area but mix
in a small amount of worm castings.

HB