Old 28-12-2011, 11:21 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macey660 View Post
My son and daughter-in-law have bought a cottage in North Wales which is 1000 feet (330 metres) above sea level. The garden and grounds have not been cultivated for 30 too 40 years. They've made a start in clearing the ground and are now wondering what will grow at that level. They are interested in veg. and fruit trees predominately.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Have you looked at the Alternative Energy Centre near Macchynlleth? They're not as high as you, but they did create a veg garden out of, basically, slate. I saw it in the early days (1970s) when I remember some unhappy looking soya beans in a bed of slate chippings, and again 15 years later when the veg were flourishing. They might have some advice for you.