Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
william kossack

Default CO2 system for my tank

OK, after struggling with algae, Ich etc I think maybe I've finally
gotten my tank under control.

I started by adding 2 55 watt compacts. Then I had to do battle with
algae. Then just when I thought I had the algae getting under control
Ich hit the tank and I lost many of my fish. I finally added a double
helix UV sterilizer and everything is looking good for a couple weeks.

I'm occasionally dosing with Excel adding some maybe once or twice a
week. Some plants are growing really well others are looking good. My
wife went out last weekend and purchased replacements for many of the
favorite fish that died.

Excel may work but it sure is expensive if you use it as often as they
say in the intructions.

Now I'm wondering about a CO2 system. How much do they cost and which
ones to think about installing for a 65 gallon tank. What is this DIY
CO2 system everyone talks about?