Old 30-12-2011, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Raspberries - ouch!!

This morning a T&M seed catalogue arrived and I was a bit shocked by the
price of canes. They're asking £22.99p + £4.49p p+p, for 12 bare rooted!!
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3x55csx
I know I paid £6 (in Feb '09) for 10 canes rooted in soil, from a local
DIY/Garden centre. Have prices shot up by this much in 2 years? Apparently
not, a quick Google showed another online site charging £9.99p for 10 canes
and £3.99p p+p.
I'll need to buy lots of veg seeds online, as the above mentioned gdn centre
has a limited range. I know 'price isn't everything' but I'll be shopping
around carefully next month.