Old 30-12-2011, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Raspberries - ouch!!

"Baz" wrote in message ...

"Bertie Doe" wrote in
:
snip
Apparently not, a quick Google showed another online site charging
£9.99p for 10 canes and £3.99p p+p.
I'll need to buy lots of veg seeds online, as the above mentioned gdn
centre has a limited range. I know 'price isn't everything' but I'll
be shopping around carefully next month.

/I have had great service from Parkers:-
/
/http://tinyurl.com/d9m384t
/
/They are very competative on price = cheap, and punctual.
/
/They also sell seeds but I like to buy mine locally.
/
/Hope this helps, and wish you the best for 2012.
/Baz

Thanks Baz, my raspberries are now nicely established, but worth noting if I
need to top-up.

OT but my New Year Res, is to buy numerous varieties of cabbage and cauli.
For variety, this will mean buying online. I didn't realise chopped cabbage
hearts were so tasty - parboiled, then stir fried with garlic and seasoning.
One large heart has lasted (2 people) about 4 days. My ambition is to try
for all-year-round cropping. At the moment I've got plenty of Savoy, but I
need a bit more mid-winter choice.