Old 31-12-2011, 06:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Tomato by Xmas day

On Dec 30, 12:46*am, "Freddie2" wrote:
Well to those who might remember me, I'm Fran, who used to post as Farm1 and
I've returned after ISP probs.

I've missed the ngs but my garden has benefitted from less time reading. *I
managed to pick my first tomato of the season on Christmas Day and for my
climate (considered to be a cold one for Aus.) that is truly amazing.
Normally, I wouldn't expect to pick a ripe tomato till about mid January.

I just picked the last of the tomatoes from the greenhouse this
morning here in North Carolina. Some of them are still green but we
are expecting a cold snap and I am not heating this winter.