Old 03-01-2012, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Moles in Winter

On Jan 2, 4:02*pm, Another John wrote:
I'm looking after a garden for a friend at the moment.

There's a very large, very damp, and very uneven area of grass -- not
exactly lawn, but as near as they come to having a play lawn.

This patch is inhabited by a mole or few. *When I was cutting the grass
in the season, the mole hills got regularly knocked down and amalgamated
(to some extent) by the action of the rode-on mower.

Now that we're in winter, I just noticed today that the molehills are
getting rather big.

Any advice on what to do with the molehills (and even the moles!). *Do I
just leave them until Spring, and knock em down again with the mower, or
should I be taking action now?

Thanks a lot in anticipation,
John

Infernal combustion engine plus hose pipe. Connect exhaust to
moleholes. Run for half an hour.
Make sure engine doesn't overheat.
Or CO2 fire extinguisher.

Mole traps need a special technique BTW