Old 05-01-2012, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Interesting thought re trees coming down

On Jan 5, 10:12*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
An IOW Urgler has been in discussion with me about the number of trees which
have come down and she raised an interesting point. Many are covered with
Ivy. She feels that the trees have been damaged. I feel that it is the
weight of the Ivy.

Urgler's comments please.

Mike

I'm an Angel, honest ! The horns are there just to keep the halo straight..

The Ivy makes a greater cross section so creating more wind resistance
so they are indeed more likely to blow down.