Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
linda mar

Default SAE's

my LFS had them labeled as "siamensis shark".. so don't trust the label,
trust the markings.

the following is far the best discriminator amongst the various cyprinid
algae eaters and whatnot..

http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/cyprinid.html

print it out and take it with you. once you know what you are looking for,
it's not difficult to see what it is and isn't..

as dave mentioned, they have clear fins (no black streaks in the dorsal,
pectoral, and anal fins), and the black lines on the side of the body
extends all the way from the face through the tail fin... barbels are
*tiny* so it may be hard to see to count...

if you see any black lines or gold on the dorsal fin , it most likely is not
SAE..

linda

"Christopher" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
been there before, actually where I normally shop, but what they had was
labeled "flying foxes"

"E. Mito" wrote in message
Try Mark's:

Mark's Fish and Pet Supplies -- 12063 Ventura Place (@ Laurel Canyon);