Old 08-01-2012, 11:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default seeds

On Jan 7, 9:35*pm, gregz wrote:
Going to try and start some hot pepper seeds again this year. Last year
near the beginning I got lots of mold. I also did not soak. Took over 6
weeks before I goy any sprouts. Too cool downstairs. I'm going to try a
tray and use a cover this time watching wetness, upstairs where it warmer..
Any tips?
Greg

Pepper seeds can be slow but did you check the dates on the package?
Sometimes the age does not mater but other times it makes all the
difference in the world. Unfortunately you don't know until after they
are planted. Not all harvested seeds, as in from actual peppers you
had, will germinate at all. Also, white fluffy stuff that looks like
mold may not be. Sometimes the chemicals in the water surface and look
like mold. Allow your water to "rest" uncovered for 24 hours before
using it.
MJ