Old 08-01-2012, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Raspberry cane question

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I'd appreciate some advice about my raspberry canes. (Autumn Bliss)
The patch on my allotment has spread to a block about 8 feet wide.
This year it was difficult to pick from the canes in the middle, but I
had an excellent crop.
With the least amount of effort I want to make a path along the middle
to divide the patch into two accessible ones.
I do not have the energy to dig up the canes to do this.
What would happen if I waited till they start to sprout and then used
weed killer? Will the chemical spread via the roots to all the canes?
Another idea would be to offer canes to the allotment person who'd
like to dig them up.
I'm giving up the allotment at the end of this year.
Any thoughts or advice?

Try offering your neighbour yours if he will cultivate half of it for you.
I'm going to do this, I have a half acre plot in the village that is
desired by everyone, and i'm planning offering a plot free, in return for
cultivating a plot for me.

Tina

:-(((((