Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Happy Birthday, Sacha!

"Janet Tweedy" wrote

Dave Poole writes
I arrived at 60 last month - haven't yet decided upon the ism yet -
whether it's the pessi or opti sort. But I've just bought more palm
seedlings so I guess I must be optimistic ;-)

Oh snap!! Mine was the 7th so probably older than you .......... but i
have been to the gym this morning so not yet incapable ..... Poked my eye
and scratched it digging out Pampas grass so spent the entire evening in A
& E....

and look on the bright side, you get a nice letter about testing for bowel
cancer in this area when you reach this ripe old age.!

Janet please be careful about your eye. I walked into our Oliander bush a
few years back and a leaf went under my glasses and into my eye. The first A
& E said it was scratched and gave me some drops but it didn't improve. The
second A & E took me straight to their eye clinic and the surgeon there put
me on 3 drops to save my eye. Turns out I hadn't scratched it I had stabbed
it and was within 48 hours of losing my sight when he first looked at it.
If your eye does not improve in a few days go back and demand to see an eye
surgeon.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.