Old 11-01-2012, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Happy Birthday, Sacha!

Hope you have a lovely day. The sun is shining here, so hope it is also
shining on you.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 11-01-2012, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

Thank you, Judith and Martin, too. Not out yet but about to be. We're
going to place outside Newton Abbot on the river Teign. I can see the
water which will be lovely and N the grandson can see trains across the
other side of the river, which sends him into ecstasies! It's a
fabulously bright blue and sunny day and I am 66 with optimism! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Happy Birthday wishes from me too.....I hope you've had a wonderful day!
--

Shirley x
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Old 11-01-2012, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/01/2012 11:04, Spider wrote:

Hope you have a lovely day. The sun is shining here, so hope it is also
shining on you.

Val runs in a bit late but wishing you all the best for a wonderful
birthday evening and for the year ahead.

--
Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies
won't believe it.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
Thank you, Judith and Martin, too. Not out yet but about to be. We're
going to place outside Newton Abbot on the river Teign. I can see the
water which will be lovely and N the grandson can see trains across the
other side of the river, which sends him into ecstasies! It's a
fabulously bright blue and sunny day and I am 66 with optimism! ;-)

Hope you had a wonderful day Sacha, it wasn't bad weather either!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 12-01-2012, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Belated many Happy Returns Sacha - almost didn't do my weekly 'look-
in' here and would have missed it altogether. Hope you had a
marvellous day.

Sacha wrote:

It's a
fabulously bright blue and sunny day and I am 66 with optimism! ;-)

I arrived at 60 last month - haven't yet decided upon the ism yet -
whether it's the pessi or opti sort. But I've just bought more palm
seedlings so I guess I must be optimistic ;-)

Old 12-01-2012, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Dave Poole writes
I arrived at 60 last month - haven't yet decided upon the ism yet -
whether it's the pessi or opti sort. But I've just bought more palm
seedlings so I guess I must be optimistic ;-)

Oh snap!! Mine was the 7th so probably older than you .......... but i
have been to the gym this morning so not yet incapable ..... Poked my
eye and scratched it digging out Pampas grass so spent the entire
evening in A & E....

and look on the bright side, you get a nice letter about testing for
bowel cancer in this area when you reach this ripe old age.!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Janet Tweedy wrote:

Oh snap!! Mine was the 7th so probably older than you

Nope, 4th. so stand back junior ;-)

and look on the bright side, you get a nice letter about testing for
bowel cancer in this area when you reach this ripe old age.!

Indeed we do down here as well. Then they follow it up with a testing
kit and somewhat lurid instructions about how to collect, prepare and
send a 'sample'. Not sure I'm quite up to that ATM.

Plus points are no more scrip charges, free eye tests and for just a
few more years still, car insurance is weighed slightly in my favour.
Not so bad really and somehow, the way things are going I would fancy
being a 16 years old in this day and age.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
,
Dave Poole writes
the way things are going I would fancy
being a 16 years old in this day and age.

Wouldn't want to be 16 again but I'd like to be 20! A good year for me.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote

Dave Poole writes
I arrived at 60 last month - haven't yet decided upon the ism yet -
whether it's the pessi or opti sort. But I've just bought more palm
seedlings so I guess I must be optimistic ;-)

Oh snap!! Mine was the 7th so probably older than you .......... but i
have been to the gym this morning so not yet incapable ..... Poked my eye
and scratched it digging out Pampas grass so spent the entire evening in A
& E....

and look on the bright side, you get a nice letter about testing for bowel
cancer in this area when you reach this ripe old age.!

Janet please be careful about your eye. I walked into our Oliander bush a
few years back and a leaf went under my glasses and into my eye. The first A
& E said it was scratched and gave me some drops but it didn't improve. The
second A & E took me straight to their eye clinic and the surgeon there put
me on 3 drops to save my eye. Turns out I hadn't scratched it I had stabbed
it and was within 48 hours of losing my sight when he first looked at it.
If your eye does not improve in a few days go back and demand to see an eye
surgeon.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 13-01-2012, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
Janet please be careful about your eye. I walked into our Oliander bush
a few years back and a leaf went under my glasses and into my eye. The
first A & E said it was scratched and gave me some drops but it didn't
improve. The second A & E took me straight to their eye clinic and the
surgeon there put me on 3 drops to save my eye. Turns out I hadn't
scratched it I had stabbed it and was within 48 hours of losing my
sight when he first looked at it. If your eye does not improve in a few
days go back and demand to see an eye surgeon.

Thanks Bob, it happened back on my birthday in December, just scratched
the eyeball not the cornea. Cleared up with about a week although have
woken up twice in the middle of the night in last two weeks with the
sensation of grit in my eye - most strange as perfectly all right if i
can get back to sleep and wake up at 7!

Thanks for the warning though. i wasn't that impressed by the doctor
only giving the eyeball a cursory glance and some drops, no magnifying
glass or anything to check if there weren't any fibres or anything from
the stem stuck in.

I' my opticians next week just to get it checked out maybe as i am
overdue by about four years for an eye test

Old 13-01-2012, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Janet writes
You'll soon get the hang of the 60+ concessions game; everything from
cinema and theatre tickets, and entry to almost anything, to midweek
restaurants, haircuts, and the bus pass :-)

Janet.

Hmmm we have a class for the over 50's locally. Damn cheek,. In the
ordinary step, Body Pump, and Body conditioning classes we often keep
up better and use heavier weights than the youngsters