Old 13-01-2012, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Happy Birthday, Sacha!

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
Janet please be careful about your eye. I walked into our Oliander bush
a few years back and a leaf went under my glasses and into my eye. The
first A & E said it was scratched and gave me some drops but it didn't
improve. The second A & E took me straight to their eye clinic and the
surgeon there put me on 3 drops to save my eye. Turns out I hadn't
scratched it I had stabbed it and was within 48 hours of losing my
sight when he first looked at it. If your eye does not improve in a few
days go back and demand to see an eye surgeon.

Thanks Bob, it happened back on my birthday in December, just scratched
the eyeball not the cornea. Cleared up with about a week although have
woken up twice in the middle of the night in last two weeks with the
sensation of grit in my eye - most strange as perfectly all right if i
can get back to sleep and wake up at 7!

Thanks for the warning though. i wasn't that impressed by the doctor
only giving the eyeball a cursory glance and some drops, no magnifying
glass or anything to check if there weren't any fibres or anything from
the stem stuck in.

I' my opticians next week just to get it checked out maybe as i am
overdue by about four years for an eye test
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph