View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Old 13-01-2012, 10:17 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jan 2012
Smile Advice needed-in regards to sewing my garden.

Hi all,

Ok where to start...my garden has never been sewed before and basically i want to know whats the best process to sew the garden which will give the best results. The garden needs rotivated(thats a definite), i then read somewhere that i should rake it level,lift out all the big stones etc, then compress it somehow(using a roller probably), then i should rake it again and then spread the seeds out? Would this be the best way?

Also the area of the garden closest to the house tends to be ALOT more waterlogged compared to the rest of the garden(which is generally good). I read somewhere that rotivating it may help the drainage in the area? I also read adding sand to it may help? Is there any turth in either of these statements? or can anybody advise me differently?

Also when is the soonest i can begin this process and when is the soonest i can actually sew the garden so that the seeds take best?

Ive been in the house a couple of years now and want it sorted for the summer, I can't afford to get somebody into do it, therefore its up to me to complete it. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!!