Old 27-02-2003, 03:53 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] proposal

I have an idea on how IBC can improve the skills of
bonsai beginners. I'm suggesting that people like Jim
or Brent should record sessions of when they are doing
anything with bonsai. We can then upload the video on
to the IBC site and there members can download it. The
sessions could be root pruning, propagation, or
anything that beginners need to know. We can ask for
donation from members to buy the camera if we need
one.

I'm sure we have members everyone would enjoy seeing at work on a
video -- however, I'M not one of them. ;-) I finished my spring
repotting today with what I am certain is the least attractive
three-tree group any IBCer produced this year. ;-) I'll have to
redo it next year. ;-)

This is a very good idea, however, and I'm forwarding this
message to John Jarrett, our webmaster, for his comments.

If feasible, we could then ask for volunteers to be
vid-subjects -- though I don't think we want to film them when
they "do anything" BIG ;-) .

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - "People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of nuts
and berries. And I'm right here to tell you the berries are just
about all gone." -- Uncle Dave Macon, old-time musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++