Old 18-01-2012, 02:39 AM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_2_] Farm1[_2_] is offline

Default Ideas for plants to sell a school fete in June

"Jayne Bennett" wrote in message

My daughter has just asked me to have a plant stall at the local Nursery
School in June, do any of you wonderful gardners have any ideas what
would be most popular to grow.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, hope you can help.

I assume that you are in the UK since you are posting to this newsgroup
through Garden Banter. I'm on the other side of the world and live in a
rural area so our fetes might be a bit different, but here I know that
plants like Lambs ears (stachys), shasta daisy's, strawberries, May bush,
veggie plants (seedling sized - zucchini, Silver Beet/Chard, cucumber etc)
sweet peas, irises, agapanthus comfrey, rose cuttings - in fact anything,
will sell. But then we all have big gardens and need bulk plants to fill
them. Look around your area and if you live in tonwhouse land, do hanging
type basket fillers. If you live in veggie garden land, do veggie seedling.
If you live in new subdivision land, do bushes, shrubs quick garden filling
plants.